0 pieces in stock
- More units coming 2021-11-30, backorder now
As versatile as it is timeless, the marble Plinth serves the dual purpose of being a beautiful, sculptural piece on its own and highlighting whatever objects rest upon it. The honed marble carries an air of sophistication and elegance to elevate any space. Designed by Norm Architects as a tribute to the particular beauty of marble, the Plinth comes in cubic, tall, and low varieties, as well as a small range of colours including the new brown grey. The heaviness of the Plinth marble stands in contrast to the honed surface; light bounces off of the angles and falls across the tops, producing a spotlight-effect in any space. Though the lines of the podiums are sharp and clean, the naturalness of the marble is at the forefront of its visual identity, creating an intriguing contrast within each piece. From a side table in a private home to a place to display a vase of flowers in a restaurant, Plinth podiums provide an unparalleled surface.
Each piece of carefully selected marble is assembled by hand to ensure that the sides line up perfectly. The result is podiums that are consistent in shape and quality while unique in marbling pattern. The black marble, called Nero Marquina, comes from the north of Spain, while the white marble, known as Carrara, comes from Italy. The new addition of brown grey marble, called Grey Kendzo, is from Iran. All share a low refraction index, so they allow light to penetrate a few millimeters into the surface before shattering, giving the Plinth its aura of vitality. By utilizing simple shapes and the highest possible quality control, MENU allows the marble to speak for itself.
- Low: 10.2"H x 23.6"W x 39.3"L, Weight: 181 lbs
- Cubic: 15.8"H x 15.8"W x 15.8"L, Weight: 83 lbs
- Tall: 20.1"H x 11.8"W x 11.8"L, Weight: 72 lbs
- Load-bearing capacity: 66 lbs / 30kg
- White (Carrara, from Italy)
- Black (Nero Marquina, from Spain)
- Grey Brown (Kendzo, from Iran)
- Rose (Calacatta Viola, from Italy)
- Marble is treated with a sealer for surface protection